PADMASANA (Lotus) & SPINAL TWISTS
Sunday 5th June, 3:00-5:30pm
Hosted by palmasole.ch Zurich
Course Fee CHF 60
Registration at www.palmasole.ch or e-mail me.
You can pay course fee at workshop.
We work on
- Strengthening and articulating the shoulder girdle
- Cultivating and engaging core strength and stability (mula bandha/uddiyana bandha)
- Focusing on alignment in the various inversions
- Ways of entering and exiting the pose
- Overcoming the fear factor by learning how to fall
There are seven headstands in the Ashtanga Yoga Intermediate Series. Most of the seven headstands are more challenging and can only be practiced when one already has an established and strong Yoga practice up to Second Series.
The more basic versions of the headstands can safely be practiced
- with elbows on floor and crossed fingers around head (Baddha Hasta Sirsasana A)
- tripod headstand (Mukta Hasta Sirsasana A)
Many more headstands with leg variations can be explored, also Pincha Mayurasana, Urdva Kukkutasana, Mukta Hasta Sirsasana out of Prasaritta Padottanasana etc.
This workshop is for yoga practitioners who have a yoga practice routine.
Come for the fun and focus.